Air France Travel Insurance
Cancellation – Missed Flight Insurance
Pay less when cancelling your flight
Need to cancel your flight due to unforeseen events? With the ‘Cancellation – Missed Flight’ travel insurance policy, Mondial Assurance will reimburse the cancellation fees or any non-refundable part of your fare*. Two conditions to qualify for a refund of your cancellation fees:
- The cancellation must take place before the departure of your flight.
- The unforeseen event must take place in your country of residence.
The policy covers you in case of:
- illness or accident affecting you or a member of your family,
- a family event (death of a family member, interview for an adoption, etc.),
- terrorist attacks in your destination,
- professional alterations (dismissal, new job, modification of paid vacation dates by your employer),
- theft of your ID or passport up to 48 hours before departure,
To cancel your outbound flight, you must first inform Air France. Then, within 5 days of the event leading to the cancellation, please inform Mondial Assistance. Please make sure that you provide all necessary documents attesting to the event.
Miss your flight, not your trip
Missed your flight? The missed flight policy will cover the cost of a new ticket* for the same destination for a departure within 24 hours of the original departure time! Please note, we strongly recommend that you take all necessary measures to be at the airport before your flight’s Check-in Deadline. Please remember that you should inform Mondial Assurance immediately in case of a missed flight.
How to take out travel insurance
Please remember to take out cancellation / missed flight insurance when you book your tickets on our website, in your travel agency or by phone. For your convenience, this insurance is now offered systematically for all online bookings.